Often, affordable housing development starts with a few residents who have a vision. By coming together, these residents can move from idea to action. In many towns, residents create an organization that becomes the local champion for affordable housing and can also sponsor housing development.
Housing Connections can help with the following:
- Helping groups determine what organizational structure would best meet their long-term affordable housing plans
- Introducing groups to the “how to” of creating a nonprofit organization dedicated to affordable housing
- Assisting groups in defining their mission and vision
- Helping to draft bylaws
- Helping with Board development and committee structures
- Helping municipally-designated committees make and implement recommendations.