Housing Connections offers technical assistance from policy to planning to implementation of affordable housing developments. Staff can help your group or municipal committee with organizational development, defining community housing needs, building local support, affordable housing finance, navigating the development process, and identifying a property manager.
Housing Connections offers support in three areas:
- Organizational Assistance to help groups get established or grow
- Policy and Planning to lay out a municipal and community framework to support affordable housing
- Project Development to design, create and sustain affordable housing
Housing Connections helps residents begin the preliminary work needed to create affordable housing. This can include setting up a non-profit entity, developing a clear vision of what the group wants to accomplish (e.g., create a five-unit rental property on available land), and laying out a blue print of actions needed to make that vision a reality.
Policy and Planning
Once formed, local groups often need help assessing their town’s affordable housing needs and working with municipal leadership to be sure local regulations support the development of new affordable housing. Housing Connections offers technical assistance to help towns and local groups establish effective policies and build community support.
When a housing development opportunity is found, Housing Connections can help local groups connect with consultants, partners and developers to make their plans a reality.
Additional Areas of Support
Housing Connections also offers regional forums to local groups interested in learning about affordable housing best practices, including such topics as:
- Building Community Support
- Regional Real Estate 101
- Money: How to Find it and Use it for Affordable Housing
- Homeownership vs. Rental Housing — What is Best for Your Community?
75 Charter Oak Avenue, Suite 2-250
Hartford, CT 06106
(860) 525-4821 FAX (860) 525-4822